Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Contentment

The Lord has really been teaching me how to be content with where I'm at in life. Its like His goal in my life I think. I never seem to be happy with things the way they are. It seems to come in every area of my life.
When I wanted a new car, I really wanted one NOW. I hated my old car and was embarrassed by it. He 'made' me drive around for an additional 7 months in the gross beast. I truly learned to be content with it even though I disliked it immensely. The point was to get me from point A to point B. It did that, shakily at times, but it served its purpose. Last March, I was finally able to put a nice down payment on a beautiful car far behind my expectations for my 'first car' I have had it 7 months and everytime I drive it still, I just think to myself that I am so thankful to have such a nice car.
ANDDDD my nice new job :) It is PRECISELY the salon I was looking for ever since I was done with school. Hey, it took 3 1/2 years for it to come into existence, but that works! I've learned to be content in waiting :) The owner and the people I work with are GREAT. I could not ask for better coworkers.
However, there is one area in my life I think that God is still molding me in. I'm not even exactly sure which way. I'm convinced that I'm not meant to be single for the rest of my life. I'm not saying that I get upset or angry that there is no 'significant other' in my life right now, cause I do at times. However, the Lord has shown me in more ways than one how great my single life is right now. I am learning to love the Lord wholeheartedly without the need for someone else in my life to make me whole. It has been such an adventure.
My life these past 3 years have been so crazy. I can't imagine life any differently. I was doubting so much that this was the direction I should take my life, yet it has been so amazing. I have learned so much, made some lifelong friends, lost some friends, gained unimaginable wisdom about choices and I wouldn't change it for the world!! If it was any different, I wouldn't have learned and experienced all that I have so far. The Lord is so sovereign and really has put his personal touch on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment