Friday, October 16, 2009

New Job!

All I can say is that the Lord works in mysterious ways!

I had seriously been contemplating leaving my current employer for several months now. However, I had nowhere to go or wanted to go and not really a good reason to leave. I was being continually frustrated by the politics of the place. I just told myself that I was being silly and that I shouldn't be bothered by them.

About a month ago I went and got a facial by a friend that just opened her own spa and salon. I absolutely adored the place!! She has kids in middle school and goes to the E-Free Church here in Rochester. About 2 weeks ago she called me up and offered me a job. Not only a job, but I was supposed to tell her how much she needed to pay me in order for me to work there. I was absolutely floored. I couldn't believe someone would actually do that! I told her that I would talk it over with my parents and get back to her. We met the following week and I told her what I needed. It was a sticky situation because she normally pays on commission and I need a base pay for right now. She told me that she would talk to her husband(aka financial advisor) and get back to me. Two days later she called and offered me the job!

I was able to put in my two weeks notice at my current job. I am so excited to be back in the environment I would like to be in!
I have definitely learned a lesson in the Lord's provision. Not only am I getting the hours I need, but its flexible and it pays more! Waiting on the Lord is such a rewarding lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment