I'm not sick of summer yet! We are already cooling down into the 70's during the day and low 60's at night. I never thought we'd say that when June was still in the 60's during the day! I fully appreciate summer!
In other news-I have a 7 mth old nephew who has already fully learned the meaning of yes and no. You can guess why ;) I get to see him Monday and I haven't seen him in weeks so I'm really excited. He has changed so much since I last saw him 3 weeks ago! I can hardly believe it looking at the pictures.
My sister moved home from Madison on Wednesday and she is moving to St. Paul tomorrow. It has been nice to have her home the few days to actually see her face-and do her hair of course-but I never miss having the bathroom to myself again. At least she is a lot closer now so its easier to see her.
My life at work has settled back into my mostly crazy save for like one day a week work schedule. It is a lot of work learning how to run a salon! One of these days I'm going to invest in a planner to keep me on track with everything that I need to get done everyday! So far I've been able to stay on top of it. The girls at work are usually pretty awesome with helping me get everything done. It is so rewarding though. I am preparing to finish up my Certification test. I need to call in to have them tutor me on what I did wrong on my essays and then I'll schedule my retake. I am so excited to be finished with that! Having that certification under my belt will help me move toward my future goals.
MY PEPPERS ARE HERE! I had my mom buy me 2 bell pepper plants for me this year to plant in the garden. I picked the first one last week and my dad said there are 2 more huge ones ready! He was down there picking corn for supper:) I haven't cut into my first one yet and I might of lost it as I didn't read the sticker that said to refrigerate it ;) I'm so excited for yummy stir frys with my peppers! I haven't turned into someone that just eats them as a snack yet...maybe someday.
Yay for seeing your little nephew. It is amazing how fast they grow and develop little personalities of their own. I bet you're an awesome auntie!!
ReplyDeleteYAY for fresh garden produce. I like to slice peppers and add a dribble of salad dressing on them... I can't just eat them plain. Stir Fry is DELICIOUS with fresh, homegrown veggies. Makes the stuff from restaurants almost seem soggy. I didnt realize you were a green thumb too? :)
We're not ready for summer to leave Seattle because it just arrived. We've been having 70's and are just waiting for the temps to push into the normal summer range.
ReplyDeleteI really miss gardening. Between the lack of sunshine, the moss, the racoons, and slugs, it's very hard to grow things in my garden. So, enjoy that pepper!
mommamindy.blogspot.com