Sunday, July 18, 2010

What a Week...

As I am sitting at home starting to work on laundry, I decided to reflect on my week while it is fresh in my mind.
Wow. That is how to sum up my week. I went to camp not really knowing what to expect as it has been several years since I have been there.
Heather and I had an uneventful drive there, praise the Lord! There was too much construction in the Twin Cities, but was able to navigate through it successfully. I had 8 girls that were either 11 or 12 in my cabin along with a co-counselor. My heart was breaking for them the first night. There were only 2 girls that knew the Lord as their personal Savior. I knew right away that it would be a hard week for me emotionally as I would work to help the girls understand their need for a personal Savior. That was the general consensus of the camp as we came to understand the next morning during counselor's meeting. We never quit praying for these campers. Tabitha, my cocounselor, and I never quit working with the girls. Thursday we were emotionally spent and frustrated with their seemed lack of interest. We decided instead of a devotional that we would just have the girls in our cabin ask us questions that they had come up with during the week. They ranged from everything from ghosts, how to get saved and what the tower of Babel was all about. We kind of finished up and prayed.
Tabitha ran to get ready for bed while I sat with the girls. One of the girls who had gotten saved earlier in the week talked about how she still got nervous when they talked about hell. I told her that she didn't need to worry anymore because she was going to heaven! Sarah, then piped up, which was rare for her:) pretty much yelled "I KNOW!!! I JUST ASKED JESUS TO SAVE ME EARLIER" with a HUGE smile on her face. I pretty much started crying right then and there as she was one earlier I thought that would go home without understanding her need for a relationship with Christ. The girls all were really excited and some of them were like well, I'm not saved yet! Then the other girls said well you should be!! It was a definite time of celebration! Tabitha and I were definitely praising the Lord that night! The rest of the week was so uplifting! Between fellowship with old friends and gaining new ones, the time flew! There also are sports teams that compete everyday and my team won! I was a captain with a good friend of mine and we did awesome! They also memorize verses that go towards the team points as well. John ALWAYS seems to get the campers to concentrate on the verses instead of the competition which is what is really needed to win. Not to say I didn't enjoy the competition as well :) They gave the captains the go-ahead to play all-out, so I did and came home with about 10 bruises on my legs. Then end of the week came and we won the sports competition! Our team was so excited!
My cousin Heather shared her testimony the final night and I was in tears. She is my baby cousin who I had fervently prayed over for several years as I knew she was not walking with the Lord. However, the Lord is faithful and uses people in our life to prompt them back to Him. I am so proud of how much she has grown emotionally and spiritually over the past year. What an answer to prayer!
It was a full week for me. The Lord definitely answered my prayers over my concerns going into the week! I was awake at 5:30 EVERY MORNING and at counselors meeting on time everyday. Some nights I only got 5 hours of sleep as well, and was able to wake up and get my day going strong! That was definitely a God-thing! I am actually more refreshed coming out of the week than I was going into it!
I must now go and switch out some more laundry so I will have clothes to wear next week! When I get some pictures posted I will add them!

No comments:

Post a Comment